Early Childhood Education Endorsement
The Early Childhood Education endorsement is offered in collaboration with the Human Development department on the WSU Vancouver campus. Students pursuing this endorsement have the option of working with that department to also receive a Bachelor of Arts in Human Development. Alternative WSU Vancouver Human Development classes may be substituted on approval of the Human Development department and the Certification Office for WSU.
Required Endorsement Classes
- HD 201 Human Development Prenatal through Age 8
- HD 202 or 101 Human Development Middle Childhood-Adolescence
- HD 204 Family Systems: Understand Family Interaction
- HD 302 Parent Child Relationships
- HD 341 Learning and Guidance in Early Childhood
- HD 342* Curriculum for Early Childhood Programs
- HD 410 Public Policy Issues Impacting Families and Individuals
- HD 446 Practicum in Early Childhood
- HD 449 Seminar in Early Childhood Education
- HD 482 Child Assessment and Evaluation
- SpEd 409 Early Childhood Special Education
*Washington State Patrol fingerprinting clearance required prior to first day of class
Download the most current Early Childhood Education endorsement checklist.pdf.